Monday 18 November 2013

DIY jewellery hanger

I can't believe it's been over a year since my last update. Between family, travelling and teacher's college, I've had no time.

However, I have been upto many things, including this DIY.

I haves lot of jewellery. I mean, a LOT. People give me jewellery as gifts, especially necklaces, and because they were never hung up properly, I occupied never remember which ones I had.

I came across this deceptively simple jewellery hanger from Lovelieshares, and just knew it would fit perfectly into my room. It's subtle enough that it would go with my wood decor and showcase my necklaces, but still adds a touch of glam to my dull, un-painted bedroom.

I knew I had paint, but I wasn't sure if I had primer, or even a wooden hanger. I definitely did not have hooks. I ended up making a trip down to Canadian Tire where I got a two-pack of wooden hangers for $1, and Walmart where I got two 8-packs of 1/2" bronze cup hooks.

Instead of using primer, I used 3 coats of a spray-on gold paint. I laid the hangers on big plastic bags in my backyard, and let them air-dry for an hour in between coats.

I then drilled small holes into my hanger, and screwed my cup hooks into the holes.

After the hangers were painted, dried and screwed, I layered my necklaces onto my hanger.

The finished product!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment