Saturday 17 September 2011

Super-easy Spicy/Sweet Sriracha Sauced Chicken

Before I begin, I apologize that there are no actual pictures of my food yet. I quite literally ate every last bit of chicken that I made (given that I only made enough for one, it happens more often than not).

This week was a busy, and emotional one for me. A combination of school, personal problems, and a crap knee meant that my focus was thrown WAY off. I wanted to end my week with something delicious (Yes, I realized it's Saturday, but I don't work Sundays, and consider that to be my beginning-of-week rest day)
I was browsing online looking for a good buffalo chicken recipe, and was going to use this one, but I realized that a) I had no Frank's Red Hot sauce AND no Tabasco sauce and b) I didn't want to eat deep-fried chicken, not after the junk I've been eating all week. What's a girl to do when she gets that buffalo chicken craving?!

You adapt. Luckily for me, I DID have my handy-dandy, half-full bottle of Sriracha hot sauce. 'What's that?' you say. Let me show you a comic that explains all.

This recipe is so good, and though it's absolutely NOTHING like actual buffalo chicken, it satiated my cravings...for now.

Super-Easy Spicy/Sweet Sriracha Sauced Chicken(adapted from seriouseats.com, serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken pieces
1 tbsp butter (I used margarine, I imagine butter would be tastier)
1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (not necessary, but I love it)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp barbeque sauce


  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Melt the butter (or margarine) in a microwaveable-safe bowl. Combine everything but the chicken in the bowl. Increase/decrease ingredients to your personal tastes.
  • Add the chicken pieces to the bowl. Make sure that very bit of the chicken is covered. Marinate in bowl for 15 min (or longer, no more than upto 2 hours though). 
  • Empty contents of bowl into an oven-safe dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes. 

I ate my chicken with a side of grilled corn, and steamed veggies. It was absolutely delicious, the perfect end to a busy day of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment